To return to Wallworth Index Page To go to Home Web Page
Elizabeth Wallworth ( 1773 - 1815 )
46. ELIZABETH WALLWORTH (of Joseph7 , of Thomas6 , of Thomas5 , of John4 , of Thomas3 , of Thomas2 , of Thomas1 ) was born ca. 1773.
Father: Joseph Wallworth (No.33)
Mother: Alice Barker
Elizabeth in 1801 was mentioned as living in Dutton, Great Budworth parish, Cheshire, England.
Elizabeth Wallworth married HENRY MAYER on March 10, 1801 at Great Budworth church. Henry Mayer was born ca. 1761 and a farmer in Cheadle Moseley, Cheadle parish, Cheshire.
The Marriage Licence dated February 24, 1801 mentioned:
Henry Mayer of Cheadle Moseley in the Parish of Cheadle & County & Diocese of Chester Farmer .... age of thirty nine .... Bachelor.
Elizabeth Wallworth of Dutton in the Parish of Great Budworth & County & Diocese of Chester ....... aged twenty seven .... Spinster.
It also mentioned Elizabeth Wallworths brother Charles Wallworth of Dutton ... Farmer.
The marriage licence has the signatures of Henry Mayer and Charles Wallworth.
The Will of Betty Mayers father, Joseph Wallworth, was written in December 21, 1816 and it mentioned that Betty Mayer was Deceased and that Joseph Wallworth made her share go to her children.
Henry Mayer remarried after the death of his of first wife. Her name was Mary --?--.
Henry Mayer died December 29, 1823 at Adswood, Cheadle parish.
From his Will we have the following extracts:
"Henry Mayer of Adswood within the parish of Cheadle in the County of Chester Yeoman ...."
"I give and bequeath unto my dear wife Mary my two Beds, Chest of Drawers, Corner Cupboard, a Bose, two Tables, Grate, Founder, Fire-Irons, six chairs, Tea Kettle, one set of China, Tea Tray, Silver Tea spoons, Looking Glass and two sauspans"
"I give and bequeath all and every my Messuages Lands Hereditaments and Real Estate situate in the Parish of Cheadle aforesaid and in Stockport ....."
"my Brother Philip Mayer of Ofterton Hall in the said County of Chester Yeoman and my Brothers-in-law Charles Wallworth of Hassall in the said County of Chester Yeoman and James Wallworth of Heaton Norris in the County of Lancaster Tanner whom I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint Executors ..."
He mentioned the children but not their names. The property, personal and real estates, was to be held and ran by the executors until Henry Mayers youngest child reach the age of 21 years and then it will be divided among them. The witnesses were Rob Walmsley, Daniel Jackson, and Wm Goodwin. The will was signed by Henry Mayer on December 28, 1816
In a Codicil dated May 20, 1822, Henry Mayer appointed his son Joseph Mayer a joint executor with Charles Wallworth and James Wallworth and revoked his brother Philip Mayer from being an executor.
Probate was issued February 26, 1824.
From the burial ground at Cheadle, St. Mary, there are the following inscriptions on stones:
Betty Mayer died June 11th 1815 aged 42 years
Henry Mayer died Decr 29th 1823 aged 62 years
Henry, son of the above Henry & Betty Mayer died Feby 15th 1846 aged 42 years
CHILDREN OF HENRY AND ELIZABETH (WALLWORTH) MAYER
77. + HENRY MAYER was born ca. 1803 - 1804. Henry Mayer married Mary Whittaker.
78. + JOSEPH MAYER. Joseph married Martha ---?---.
79. + PHILLIP MAYER was born ca. 1808 in Cheadle, Cheshire, England. Phillip married ----?----- .
80. MARTHA MAYER. She was mentioned in the Will of her grandfather, Joseph Wallworth, dated December 21, 1816.
1. 1801 Marriage Licence of Henry Mayer and Elizabeth Wallworth. From Cheshire County Council - Cheshire Record Office.
2. 1819 Will of Joseph Wallworth of Dutton, Great Budworth parish, Cheshire, England. Cheshire and Chester Archives and Local Studies Service. Recieved September 9, 2004 Thursday.
3. 1824 Will of Henry Mayer, of Adswood, Cheadle, Cheshire. Cheshire and Chester Archives and Local Studies Service. Recieved March 7, 2006 Tuesday.
4. Cemetery Inscriptions Index of Cheadle St. Mary Burial Ground, Cheshire, England. December 2005.
5. Memorial Inscriptions of the Parish Church of St. Mary Cheadle, Cheshire, England. Concerning the Mayer family. Microfiche from North Cheshire F. H. S. Recieved April 29, 2006 Saturday.
Last updated May 12, 2006 Friday
Researched and Compiled by William Wallworth
PO Box 24768 San Jose, CA 95154-4768 USA
© 2005 - 2006 Deadfamilies.com All rights reserved