To return to Wallworth Index Page To go to Home Web Page
Mary Wallworth ( 1774 - ? )
43. MARY WALLWORTH (of William7 , of Thomas6 , of Thomas5 , of John4 , of Thomas3 , of Thomas2 , of Thomas1 ) was born at Alsager Hall, Barthomley parish, Cheshire, England and was christened on November 29, 1774 at Barthomley church.
Father: William Wallworth (No.32)
Mother: Mary Hormby
Mary Wallworth married JOHN CORK on June 17, 1807 at Barthomley church.
By 1808, John and Mary Cork were living in Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire.
Mary Cork (name also spelled as Corke) was mentioned in Will of her father, William Wallworth, dated April 30, 1816. Marys husband, John Corke, was one of the executors and was sworn in when the Will was probated on April 27, 1818.
From a listing made of entries involving Kinnersley in the Corporation of Newcastle Under Lyme Minutes, there is an entry:
22.07.1819 At this Assembly it was agreed to recommend to the magistrates that a licence be granted to John Cork to open Mr. Kinnersleys house in the High Street as an Inn.
From the directory of 1830 for Staffordshire Inns, Taverns & Public Houses, we find the following entry.
Castle - John Cork, High Street.
From the 1841 Census of Newcastle Under Lyme, we find
John Cork60 M Ind Y
They had many servants that were living in the Inn and they work there.
CHILDREN OF JOHN AND MARY (WALLWORTH) CORK
68. + JOSEPH CORK was born December 21, 1808 in Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire and christened March 8, 1809 at Newcastle Under Lyme. Joseph married Eliza ---?---.
69. + MARY ANN CORK was born in Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire and christened August 8, 1810 at Newcastle Under Lyme. Mary Ann Cork married Liddle Elliot.
1. Parish registers for the church in Barthomley, Cheshire, England. 1774 baptism of Mary Wallworth noted by Mr. William Eyre during a research of that registers. From letter dated May 29, 1985.
2. 1807 Marriage of John Cork and Mary Wallworth. Barthomley, Cheshire, England. Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. FamilySearch.org IGI v5.0 January 28, 2006.
3. 1809 and 1810 christening of Joseph and Mary Ann Cork. Newcastle Under Lyme, Stafford, England. From Batch No. P010291 Source Film 0873642. March 17, 2006 Friday.
4. 1819 Will of William Wallworth, of Barthomley, Cheshire. Cheshire and Chester Archives and Local Studies Service. Recieved March 7, 2006 Tuesday.
5. 1819 entry about John Cork opening an Inn. From a listing made of entries involving Kinnersley in the Corporation of Newcastle Under Lyme Minutes. bramhall.org.uk/staffs2.htm April 17, 2006 Monday 2:47 PM.
6. 1830 Staffordshire Inns, Taverns & Public Houses. John Cork of Castle Inn on High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England. From Genuki.org file StaffsPubs1830.html, April 17, 2006 Monday 2:53 PM.
7. 1841 Census of Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, England. Household of John Cork. Page 11 (original page 11) reference PRO HO 107/1009/1 April 22, 2006 Saturday 12:45 PM
Last updated May 12, 2006 Friday
Researched and Compiled by William Wallworth
PO Box 24768 San Jose, CA 95154-4768 USA
© 2005 - 2006 Deadfamilies.com All rights reserved