To return to Wallworth Index Page To go to Home Web Page
John Wallworth ( 1784 - 1846 )
58. JOHN WALLWORTH (of Thomas7 , of Thomas6 , of Thomas5 , of John4 , of Thomas3 , of Thomas2 , of Thomas1 ) was born May 22, 1784 at Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire, England and was christened July 25, 1784 at Weaverham church.
Father: Thomas Wallworth (No.36)
Mother: Esther Pickering
John Wallworth married NANCY CARTWRIGHT on January 8, 1807 at Weaverham church. According to the Parish register of Weaverham, they were married by marriage licence and the witnesses were Samuel Davies and Esther Wallworth. Both John Wallworth and Nancy Cartwright signed.
Nancy was born in Cuddington and was christened November 13, 1785 at Weaverham church. She was the daughter of John and Mary Cartwright. John Cartwright senior was a paper maker in Cuddington.
John Wallworth and his family lived in Cuddington and like his father, he was a Miller.
In 1810 they were living in the village of Brinn but by 1812 they were living in Cuddington again.
From the 1841 Census of Cuddington, we find the following:
John Wallsworth55 M Miller Y
Johns brother, William Pickering Wallworth, died in Cuddington on January 13, 1845. And he died Intestate. The following was from the Admon. Document:
"... John Wallworth of Cuddington ... Yeoman, Thomas Sandbatch of Marton in the Parish of Whitegate .... Laborer, George Chambers Wallace of Cuddington .... Laborer ... twenty sixth Day of February (1845)"
"John Wallworth the natural and lawful Brother and Administrator of ..... William Pickering Wallworth late of Cuddington .... Yeoman a Bachelor deceased without Parent or Grandparent living at the time of his death .... Admon issued Dated 1st March 1845"
John Wallworth died November 2, 1846 at Cuddington.
According to the death certificate, John Wallworth died the Second of November 1846 at Cuddington, age 62 years, formerly a Miller, and the cause of death was Disease of the Heart, 18 Months. The Informant was Geo. C. Wallace.
George C. Wallace was his Son-in-Law.
From the 1851 Census of Cuddington, we find the following:
Geo. C. Wallace Head
Widr 46 M Farmer of 9 Acres Scotland
Emma Wallace Daur Un 16 F House Maid Northwich
Walter W P Wallace Son Un 13 M Scholar Cuddington Weaverham
Nancy Wallworth Mother in Law Wd. 65 F House Keeper Do Do
Mary Ann Wallworth Sister in Law Un 27 F Dressmaker Do Do
Charles Clarke Lodger Un 23 M Sawyer Manchester
Nancy Wallworth, age 65 and a widow, and her daughter is living with her son-in-law George C. Wallace and his family.
Nancy Wallworth died July 19, 1859 at Cuddington.
According to the death certificate, Nancy Wallworth died the Nineteenth July 1859 at Cuddington, age 73 years, widow of John Wallworth, Miller, and the cause of death was Phthisis Pulmonalis. The Informant was John Cartwright.
At the cemetery in Weaverham St. Mary the Virgin church, is a large stone, that has the following family members inscribed on it, Nancy is the second person from the bottom:
TO THE MEMORY OF
William Pickering Wallworth,
of Cuddington, who died Jany. 13th.
1845, aged 61 Years.
Also Esther, Wife
of John Cartwright,
of Cuddington, who died
March 11th 1845,
aged 58 Years.
Also Harriet, their Daughter
who died November 28th. 1846,
aged 18 Years.
Also Mary, their Daughter Wife of
James Gregory, who died
Septr. 14th. 1851, aged 25 Years.
Also Emily Gregory, their Daughter
who died August 24th. 1851,
aged 1 Year and 9 Months.
Also Nancy, Wife of the late John
Wallworth, of Cuddington, who died
July 19th. 1859, aged 73 Years.
Also John Cartwright, of Cuddington
who died May 5th. 1871,
aged 81 Years.
Information from a photograph from Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England who visited the cemetery in Weaverham. Norma also found an older stone with part of the above information on it and it was laid flat as part of the porch area of the church and there was a foot scraper next to it. She says that a larger stone was made to add the information on Nancy Wallworth and John Cartwright when they died.
CHILDREN OF JOHN AND NANCY (CARTWRIGHT) WALLWORTH
91. MARY ANN WALLWORTH was born December 6, 1807 in Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened January 17, 1808 at Weaverham Church.
92. + MARIA WALLWORTH was born April 30, 1810 in Brinn, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened May 27, 1810 at Weaverham church. Maria married George C. Wallace.
93. + THOMAS WALLWORTH was born May 25, 1812 in Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened July 12, 1812 at Weaverham church. Thomas married Margaret Murnane.
94. ESTHER WALLWORTH was born in Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened May 12, 1816 at Weaverham church.
95. MARY ANNE WALLWORTH was born in Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened May 9, 1824 at Weaverham church.
In 1851, Mary Wallworth, age 27, unmarried and her widowed mother, Nancy Wallworth, are living with their brother-in-law, George C. Wallace and his family.
96. EMMA WALLWORTH was born in Cuddington, Weaverham parish, Cheshire and was christened October 17, 1830 at Weaverham church.
1. Bishops transcripts for the church in Weaverham, Cheshire, England. FHL (G.S.) Film 1736164. Wallworth baptisms, marriages, burials for 1611 to 1823 extracted July 9, 1996.
2. Bishops transcripts for the church in Weaverham, Cheshire, England. Wallworth baptisms & burials 1800 to 1840 and marriages 1800 to 1837 extracted for me by Mr. William Eyre in England, letter dated Dec. 8, 1987.
3. 1785 Christening of Nancy Cartwright. Weaverham, Cheshire, England. From FamilySearch.org IGI v5.0. Batch No. C866195 Source Film 1736164 Item 2. April 20, 2006 Thursday.
4. 1807 marriage entry of John Wallworth and Nancy Cartwright. Copy of the page in the Parish register of Weaverham. From Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England. Recieved March 27, 2006 Monday.
5. 1841 Census of Cuddington, Weaverham, Cheshire, England. Household of John Wallworth. Page 7 (original page 8) reference PRO HO 107/98/18. April 22, 2006 Saturday 2:37 PM
6. 1845 Admon. Document of William Pickering Wallworth of Cuddington, Cheshire. Cheshire and Chester Archives and Local Studies Service. Recieved March 7, 2006 Tuesday.
7. Civil Registration Index, Death of John Wallworth, Quarter Dec. Year 1846, District Northwich, County Cheshire, Volume 19, Page 198. Searched November 23, 2005.
8. 1846 Death Certificate of John Wallworth. Certified Copy of an Entry of Death. From Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England. Recieved March 27, 2006 Monday.
9. 1851 Census of England, Cheshire, Cuddington, District 4, Image 6, No. of Schedule 20, Wallworths living in household of Geo. C. Wallace, Ancestry.com, Nov. 13, 2005 2:30 PM Sunday.
10. 1859 Death Certificate of Nancy Wallworth. Certified Copy of an Entry of Death. From Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England. Recieved March 27, 2006 Monday.
11. Index to the Cemetery Inscriptions for Weaverham St. Mary the Virgin Burial Ground, Cheshire, England. For Nancy Wallworth. December 2005.
12. Photograph of the gravestone that has Nancy Wallworth, who died in 1859, in Weaverham, St. Mary the Virgin cemetery. From Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England. Received March 27, 2006 Monday.
Last updated April 25, 2006 Tuesday
Researched and Compiled by William Wallworth
With contributions from:
1. Mrs. Norma Wallworth of Stockport, England March 27, 2006
PO Box 24768 San Jose, CA 95154-4768 USA
© 2005 - 2006 Deadfamilies.com All rights reserved